- We are open daily from 8.30am and admission is free.
- For details of all this season's events please see our Happy Mount Park guide (PDF, 3.2MB)
About the park
Happy Mount Park was originally created in the 1920s as a traditional urban park area. Today's family-friendly attractions cater for more modern tastes, whilst carefully retaining the atmosphere of peace and tranquillity of a traditional park.
Help look after your park
When visiting our park there a few simple things you can do to help us all whilst enjoying yourself:
- Dispose of your litter properly
- BBQs are not allowed in the park
- Don’t cycle in the park
- We welcome dogs in the park but must be kept on leads and please clean up after them. Did you know you can put dog poo bags in any council litter bin and your grey wheelie bin?
Activities and attractions
- Splash Park (now closed until the 2020 season)
- Pirates In The Park indoor play area*
- Unique outdoor natural adventure play area
- Ornamental gardens, woodland walk and habitat trail (PDF, 975KB)
- Brass band concerts
- Crown green bowling green (see Bowling passes)
- 18-hole putting green
- Swing boats*
- Adventure golf*
- Children’s roundabout*
- Floodlit multi-purpose pitch for tennis, basketball, five-a-side football and roller hockey (book at kiosk or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
(*Privately operated - please call 01524 401140 for details)
The park is open daily from 8.30am to dusk.
Getting to Happy Mount Park
By car: Use the map below to get your journey directions. For satnav, use the postcode LA4 6AQ. There is a pay-and-display car park on the promenade close to the park entrance.
By bus: Stagecoach bus service number 5 (Overton to Carnforth) passes the park. Services 3 and 4 (Lancaster to Heysham) stop at the end of Princes Crescent, a five minute walk from the park.
Last updated: 18 June 2020