PayPal payments unavailable: Due to a technical problem we are currently unable to process PayPal payments. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Before making a payment
To make a payment you must use a currently supported web browser.
- If you cannot access our payment page, please update your browser to its most recent version.
If paying by card you must also have registered your card with either:
Make a payment
- Make a payment using a credit/debit card or PayPal
- View our guidance on how to make a payment (PDF)
- Alternatively use our automated telephone payment service by calling 0845 601 7297. This call will cost you 5p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge
What can I pay for online?
- Council tax
- Non-domestic rates
- BID levy
- Debtor invoices
- Housing benefit debts
- Housing rents
- Fixed penalty notice
- Planning fees: planning application | pre-application advice | building control
- Licences: hackney carriage | private hire | dual driver
- Wheeled bins and recycling boxes
How do I make a payment?
For most types of payment, you will need the relevant reference number. For instance, for council tax payments you will need your 9-digit reference number which starts with an 8.
Please see our guide to making payments (PDF).
- Enter your reference number in the Reference field, and enter the amount you want to pay in the Amount field
- Click/tap on Add To Basket. You will now be taken to the Shopping Basket page
- On the Shopping Basket page you can then check the amount you are paying. To proceed with the payment click/tap on Checkout Now. You will now be taken to the Payment Options page
- On the Payment Options page, choose your payment type: credit card, debit card or PayPal
- If paying by card for the first time, you will need to enter your card details and cardholder address. You can then make your card payment.
- If paying by PayPal, you will be redirected to PayPal
What payment cards do you accept?
We accept Visa, Delta, JCB, Maestro/Switch, Mastercard and Solo.
Can I pay using PayPal?
Further help and information
If you have any problems or questions, please email email@example.com
Last updated: 10 September 2020